ONLINE MEDICAL CERTIFICATE
Are you sick with minor illness and you just need a medical certificate to show your work or school? Save time and money and get your Medical Certificate online
UP TO 5 DAYS: we can generate a medical certificate for up to 5 days, anything longer will need a in-person visit for your safety.
NZ QUALIFIED CLINICIAN: your assessment will be reviewed by our WeCare Health team, the same team that sees you when you come in for a face-to-face appointment.
IT’S SAFE: our clinician will go through your questions to ensure there are no clinical red flags, and you can minimise the spread of infections in the waiting room.
HOW IT WORKS
Submit simple pre-consultation questionnaire online, to outline your symptoms and to ensure we can safely treat you over the phone.
Book a same-day phone consultation with our clinician to go through your symptoms and discuss treatment options
Receive medical certificate by your email. You will also receive a summary of your visit by your email.
COMMON CONDITIONS REQUIRING A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE BUT NOT NEEDING TO SEE A DOCTOR IN-PERSON
Online medical certificates can be provided safely for mild illnesses which do not require a visit to the doctor. If you are experiencing a more severe illness, please book a consultation with our doctors instead. If this is a medical emergency, please dial 111 for an ambulance immediately.
- Common cold or flu
- Sore throat
- Mild viral illness
- Gasto/ stomach upset
- Period pain
- Pre-existing conditions causing pain
- Mental health
- Other minor medical illness
- Yes! We provide a signed medical certificate with all legal requirements met either in PDF format to your email or you can collect a paper copy from our clinic
- After speaking to our clinician, if appropriate a medical certificate date range can be backdated to the beginning of your current illness. The medical certificate can only be issued for a maximum of 5 days. The consultation date displayed on the medical certificate will be the date which you spoke to our clinician and this cannot be back-dated.
- If you are unwell and off work for longer than 5 days, you will need to be assessed by a doctor as there may be treatments or investigations required. You can either get a medical certificate for up to 5 days and then see how you feel OR book directly with our doctors instead.
- No, we are not able to offer these services through the online request. Please book an in-person, video or phone consultation
- If it is not deemed appropriate to issue a medical certificate, we will work with you to find the best option. This might be a virtual or phone consultation with a Doctor OR and in-person appointment. The cost of the medical certificate will be credited to any other consultation required.
- If you submit your request Monday – Friday, you will receive a phone call within 24 hours and your medical certificate will be completed immediately after the phone call. This can then be either emailed directly to you or collected from our clinic.